Welcome to Corvallis Brewing Supply
Welcome to lickspigot.com! We have all your supplies and recipes for Brewing Beer, Cheese Making, Soda Making, and Wine Making. We also Carry a wide range of rather exciting and exceptionally brilliant commercial beer, wines, hard ciders, sake, mead and craft sodas!
March Madness and Joel's Dream Wine Team
Corvallis Brewing Supply is having a big wine sale this month where I’ve selected a wine a day and for that wine there is a pretty good deep pocket discount associated with it - 20% off and only for the selected day. The selections vary from white to red, still to sparkling, dry to sweet, acidic and lean to fat and burley. They also have a pretty good spread between inexpensive and pricey. Basically, they are 31 of my most favorite wines in the shop and if you could make it in every day you’ll have a pretty good Wine Dream Team as well! Each day we’ll have the days selected wine open for you to sample, so stop on in if you have the inclination.
- Mar. 1st, 2013 Panache Cellars, Pinot Noir, 2010, Reg.$20 Today $16.00 - This is the last of Jimmy’s first release!
- Mar. 2nd, 2013 Gramenon, Tout ‘En Bulle, NV, Reg. $34.50, Today $27.60 - Calirette and Viognier, check out today’s Gramenon tasting with a full lineup of this incredible producer. 3:00 pm-5:00 pm with Aaron of D’Vine Wines.
- Mar. 3rd, 2013 Campo de Borja, Pagos Del Moncayo, 2008, Spain Reg. $15 today $12.00 - 65%Garnacha 35% Syrah,
- Mar. 4th, 2013 3 Fools, Sangiovese, 2010, Reg. $22 Today $17.60 - Washington sourced fruit that is jam-packed with flavor and driving acidity...like a good Sangio should!
- Mar. 6th, 2013 Monchiero, Barbara d’Alba, 2009, Italy, Reg $12 Today $9.60 - One of the store’s already great wine values
- Mar. 7th, 2013 Paul Avril, Le Petit Vim d’Avril, NV, Reg. $17 Today $13.60 - “Baby Pape’” ready-to-drink from Chateauneuf-du-pape
- Mar. 8th, 2013 Siro Pacenti, Brunello di Montalcino, 2004, Reg. $100.00 Today $80.00 94 pts. Parker, drink between 2014-2029!
- Mar. 9th,2013 Domaine Duclaux, Cote Rotie, La Germine, 2006 Reg. -$60 Today $42 Join Bryan with Casa Bruno for a 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 vertical tasting of this Domaine Duclaux Cote Rotie!
- Mar. 10th, 2013 New Age, Blanco, 90%Torrontes 10% Sauvignon Blanc Reg $10 Today $8.00 - On the rocks with limes, whoa!
- Mar. 11th, 2013 Kopke, Vintage Porto, 2011, Portugal, Reg. $84 today $67.20 - Break out the cigars and chocolates!
- Mar. 12th, 2013 Ca Del Baio, Chardonnay, 2011, Italy Reg. $14 Today $11.20 - N. Italian wine with amazing personality.
- Mar. 13th, 2013 Domaine Dupeuble, Beaujolais Nouveaux, 2012, France - Reg $20 Today $16 - Beaujolais. Makes me happy!
- Mar. 14th, 2013 Mantlerhof, Gruner Veltliner, Austria, Reg. $13.00 Today $10.40/1000 ml. - Crisp with green apple acidity
- Mar. 15th, 2013 Jean Foillard, Morgon, Cote du Py, 2010, 1.5L Reg. $ 85 Today $68 - Gamay Noir at its finest!
- Mar. 16th, 2013 Dunham Cellars, Syrah, 2008, Washington Reg. $30.00 Today $24 Powerful wine with great structure
- Mar. 17th, 2013 Broadley Vineyards, Claudia’s Choice, Pinot Noir, 2007, Reg. $45.00 today $36.00 Some of the last of a”great” vintage!
- Mar. 18th, 2013 Selbach-Oster, Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling-Auslese, 2007, Reg. $60 today $48.00 Rich and creamy, luscious petrol
- Mar. 19th, 2013 Abbey Creek, Sauvignon Blanc, 2011, Portland, Reg. $17.00 Today $13.60 Bright and sassy and not grassy.
- Mar. 20th, 2013 Gustave Lorentz, Pinot Gris, 2009, Alsace, Reg. $20 Today $16. Bone dry, minerally and racey!
- Mar. 21st, 2013 G.D. Vajra, Barolo Chinato, Italy, Reg. $60 Today $48 - Herb-soaked Nebbiolo aperitif or digestif.
- Mar. 22nd, 2013 Pere et Fils, Champagne Piollot, 2007, Reg $45 Today $36 - Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, delicate yet decisive!
- Mar. 23rd, 2013 Fontanabianca, Barbaresco, 2004, Italy, Reg. $45 Today $36 - Silky tannins, mushrooms and dried cherries!
- Mar. 24th, 2013 Chateau Loupiac Gaudiet, Loupiac, 2007, Bordeaux Reg. $11 Today $8.80 - Sav. Blanc dessert wine with Botrytis.
- Mar. 25th, 2013 Gino Cuneo Cellars, Tre Nova “Ripasso”, 2009, Walla Walla, Reg. $20 Today $16 - N. America’s only Ripasso style
- Mar. 26th, 2013 William Fevre, Chablis, 2010, France - Reg. $30 Today $24 - Chardonnay at it’s finest!
- Mar. 27th, 2013 Belouve’, Cotes de Provence Rose’, 2010 - $17.00 The quality of Provencial rose’ at about 1/2 the price. Daily Driver?
- Mar. 28th, 2013 Pugliano, Treggiaia, 2009, Tuscano Rosso, Reg. $11.00 Today $8.80 - Small family vineyard from Italy
- Mar. 29th, 2013 Bugey-Cerdon, La Cueille, NV, France Reg. $25 Today $20 - One of the more curious wines I’ve ever tried!
- Mar. 30th, 2013 Left Coast Cellars, White Pinot Noir, 2012, Reg. $16.50 Today $13.20 - Sensuous and delicate, wonderful rose’
- Mar. 31st, 2013 Domaine de Durban, Vin De Pays Du Vaucluse, 2010, France, Reg. $12.00 today $9.60 - Blended Grenache, Syrah, Merlot and Marselan by Kermit Lynch
March Wine Tastings
Saturday, March 2nd, 3:00-5:00 we will be exploring the dynamic wines of Domaine Gramenon, hosted by Aaron with D’Vine Wines. Michele Laurent is a Cotes-du-Rhone producer of Organic wines of which many come off vines that are 70-100 years old. Their importer, Kermit Lynch, says this about Grameon, “Domaine Gramenon is the authentic embodiment of the philosophies that the Laurents espouse. They do not merely champion organic farming, but they incorporate the concept of sustainability into their daily lives by growing their own food and raising their own animals. Free tasting with 10% off on pre-orders.
Saturday, March 9th, 5:00 - 7:00 pm, Domaine Duclaux of the Northern Rhone appellation of Cote-Rotie. Syrah is the king varietal in this region but a huge difference in Cote-Rotie wines is that Viognier is utilized in small quantities, but with magnitude effects. We’ll be pouring a 5 year vertical of La Germine, 2006/07/08/09/10. The tasting is free and hosted by Bryan with Casa Bruno so you know damn well we mean serious business! Free tasting with 10% off on pre-orders.
Saturday, March 30th, all day: Annual Saturday of Easter Cellar Sale! The Saturday prior to Easter we bring up all the best of the best from our cellar for a chance to snag some things that are limited in release, special, well-aged, or perhaps you just missed them the first time around. Doors open at 10:00!
WEBSITE DISCLAIMER: WWW.LICKSPIGOT.COM IS A WORK IN PROGRESS AND MAY CONTAIN PRICES THAT ARE NOT ACCURATE AND FIELDS THAT ARE EMPTY AND DO NOT EXIST. PATIENCE GRASSHOPPER, PATIENCE! WE ARE WORKING ON IT! FOR THE CLARIFICATION PLEASE CONTACT US BY PHONE OR BY PERSON AT THE BRICK-AND-MORTAR LOCATION.