Nate Tilley spent about 9 years at Corvallis Brewing Supply working for me and all the while he and his Crossroads Farm brothers and parents pined and dreamed about the Farmhouse Brewery. His folks have built up a huge following of for their peppers and heaps of other veggies, of which you can find at the Eugene and Corvallis Farmer's Markets. Thus is the legacy of a true farmhouse brewery! The old wood working shop now hold fermenters and the brewery, Where potting soil and containers were stored now operates a wood fired pizza oven and kitchen. Where farming implement storage once stood now covers tables for drizzly weather beer drinking. Agrarian Ales Farmhouse brewery is a great destination for an afternoon of relaxing with friends and a friendly pint of carefully brewed beer. I'm really looking forward to having my old friend, Nate, back here in the shop, showing off his wares!
As a true farmhouse brewery, Agrarian Ales produces a constantly changing selection of seasonal ales. Using exclusively estate grown hops, chilies, produce, herbs, and well water, our Belgian influenced beers epitomize the name Agrarian, meaning “from the earth”. With the ever-changing taplist of 12 beers at our Tasting Room, you are bound to find a farm fresh brew to enjoy!
Agrarian Hop Farm Ales tasting list for Feb. 17th, 4:00 - 6:00
- Pear of Hands, Sour Saison with Asian Pears - 5.1% Bottles Only - 750ml Cork & Cage - 360 Bottles Produced. In today’s modern time, hand made crafts are rare. At Agrarian, we hold strong the belief that work done with our hands has the power of intention of love, stronger than any machine could produce. This idea is presented in “Pear of Hands”, with many steps of the production of this ale done with helping hands on our farm. From picking the Asian pears, pressing them into cider, mashing in the malt grist, scrubbing the open fermenter, filling every bottle, sealing every cork with its cage, carving the label logo into wood block, stamping each label, and rolling it onto each bottle, this beer is brewed with hands and love.
- Belgene, Dry Hopped Belgian Pale Ale w Brett - 9%, Bottles Only - 375ml - 1142 Bottles Produced. Belgian farmhouse ale + Eugene hop farm = BelGene The BelGene is the essence of what the Agrarian project is: fusing old world farm brewery tradition and culture with our sense of place as a hop farm in Eugene, Oregon in the 21st century. With infinite possibilities of Belgian yeasts combined with 14 hop varieties we grow on our farm, the BelGene is never the same, but a rotating round of single batch beers with this constant theme of melding old world and new. Always Belgian, always dry-hopped, always different.
- Blazing Wildfire, Smoked Chipotle Porter Aged in Bourbon Barrels - 9%, Bottles Only - 792 Bottles Produced. This beer tastes like the acres of forest gone ablaze! We smoked ripe red Jalapenos grown here on Crossroads Farm, as well as some organic barley in our smokehouse here beside the brewery. Feeling we wanted even more complexity, we aged the dark brew in charred American oak barrels that previously held an Oregon made bourbon. To bring out the bold flavors of smoke and fire balanced with sweetness from both the ripe chiles and the barrels, we put this rich dark porter on Nitro for extra smooth mouthfeel. Get blazin’! Look for this blazing beer in bottles soon!
- Clairvoyance, Tart Wheat w/ Clary Sage Flowers - 4.7%, Draft & Bottles (w/ Brett) - 1092 Bottles Produced. Sunny summer is the perfect time for tart and sour beers (at least we think anyway)! This wheat beer is tart from an additional ferment with a Lactobacillus culture previous to the traditional ferment with, you guessed it, a Belgian yeast! This base sets the stage for the real star of the show, Clary Sage. Several acres of our farm are planted with this biennial for seed harvest, so during peak bloom we were inspired by its perfumery smell and created a beer to celebrate it. We procured the help of a couple little fairies to pick each and every flower that went into the kettle, lending their musky, peppery, pineapple-y aromas and flavors to this complex brew. Known for its calming and tension relieving qualities, enjoy the prized essence of Clary Sage in your next farm-to-glass beer!
- Trouble, Oak Aged Stout - 9.2%, Bottles Only - 1126 Bottles Produced. This stout is a special blend of 3 vintages of the same base recipe, aged in American oak barrels. The rough char of these barrels contributes exposure to oxygen during aging, which adds quite a wine and dark grape like character to this dark and roasty strong ale. Complex and perfect for the dark days ahead, get into some Trouble!